Thursday, May 13, 2004

WHAT NEXT?

I am not cut out for the quiet life, this is
evident from my rising blood pressure and near
incontinence! I awoke suddenly at 12 last night
to see a man standing over my bed with shaved hair
and one of those awful puffa-jacket thingies!
I screamed and punched him hard in the face, in
turn he yellowed in pain, I grabbed a cactus and
launched it at his head.
"Becka! It's me!" Oh fuck me, it was Alan!
"Oh baby! I am sooo sorry! What have you done to your
hair?"
"Forget the hair! It's my nose again, how many
times is it going to break before I look like
Michael Jackson?"
"No, your much darker! Oh honey I am sorry, that
coat is unforgivable though."
"It's fine! In case you don't realize it, Scotland
is bloody cold." He sat on the end of the bed, without
his hair his face was all hard planes and sharp angles.
Handsome in a slit-your-throat sort of way.
"There is no excuse for wearing that coat and your poor
hair! After Ruth did a stirling job on it too." I held
his hand, he stiffened, easy, not in that way!
"Becka it really cut me up-you with that copper."
"I know, I did not mean it to happen! But it
made me realize just how much I want to be with you."
I took a deep breath. "Ok this is how it goes, I love
you, you bastard!"
"Becka! Really?" His eyes opened hopefully, it was
like he could not quite believe it was true.
"Don't make me say it again!" I warned.
"Alright, you've come clean so I'd better too. I
love you too right? Really more then anyone ever,
but stuff happens and you are going to have to take
a leap of faith if you want it to work for us."
I did not like the sound of this at all! I took a
deep breath.
"Go on then, tell me." And he did.
Becka

No comments: