Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Three

I still don't know how to feel about last
night, part irritated and part pissed off.
Mostly irritated, had the weirdest sensation
that I was the gooseberry and not the
girlfriend. Grudgingly I'm over it now and the
worst part is that neither of them noticed that
I was so left out. Or even upset at all. Cause
I'm tough thats why.
It's just both of them are clever buggers,
they read books and watch the news. I
read magazines, fanzines and science/horror
fiction. I don't know the hell what they were
talking about but they both seemed to be having
a really good time. As we left the resturant, Tai,
I think, Ruth rather drunkenly embraced me.
"You know I love you kid?" She said and kissed
me on the lips. Alan raised an eyebrow, every
guy's fantasy right? Often as youngsters, myself
and Ruth would kiss to see what kind of reaction
we would get from the boys. We judged them by
it, if they were embarrassed they were out. If
over excited-ditto. The best kind of guy would smile
and wait and see. It was a good test. But really not
appropriate for grown-ups.
"Ruth! What are you playing at?" I hissed in her
ear.
"Sorry! I'm way too drunk!" Then she passed out.
"We had better get her back to yours." Said Alan
and easily carried her small frame, even at the
Tai she only nibbled some flour noodles.
I made up a bed for her on the sofa and carefully
removed 'my top!' from her. I dressed her in some
warm flannel Pj's, placed a bowl and a glass of water
by her head. That was all I could do.
This morning I could not get her up at all, Ruth just
groaned and swore softly at me.
"It's alright, when she's better, I'll drive her home."
Said Alan, he was writing in a note pad!
"Don't tell me, a shopping list right?" I teased.
"Cheeky cow! No I hope you will be pleased to
hear my block has lifted! I'm ready to write again!"
He looked so happy, part of me wanted to get
back into bed with him and celebrate.
"Way to go! Something I said?" I fluttered my eyelids
hopefully.
"Not you! Your daft mate talking about writing
seemed to do the trick! When she wakes up I'm
going to cook her a huge breakfast!"
"Your be lucky! A big breakfast for Ruth is two
cornflakes and a lump of sugar! Jeez and there
was I thinking I was your muse and had awoken your
inner writer." I pretended to pout, he kissed my nose.
"You've awoke parts of me that I thought were long
dead!" He grinned boyishly.
"Oh I wish I could stay!" I really wanted him!
"So do I! Oh dear." Alan stopped, we could hear
Ruthie being sick in the toilet.
"Got to go!" Vomiting was usually time for me to make
an exit, though usually it me chucking up.
"Thanks a lot! Hope she goes soon though, really
must crack on with this idea." Alan took me to the
door.
"Come home soon." He said and wrapped a
scarf around my neck. "Don't fall off your Vespa."
"Never!" I yanked his boxer shorts and leered.
On the way to work I stopped off at Sister-thing
for a coffee. BigCook LittleCook was already
blaring out. Nice.
"And you left Ruth alone in the flat with Alan?"
"So?" I stared at her, Raine was frowning at me.
"What! I trust Ruth, she would never ever dog me!"
"Hmm maybe. But Alan is a sweetie."
"You told me he looks like a Geograthy Teacher!"
"He does! But maybe a shagable one."
"Shut it!" I crammed a mouthful of digestive
biscuit down.
"What about the breast thing?" She continued.
"Ah you know that means nothing, remember
when she stripped off in front of Dad?" I reminded
her. It had been heart warming, neraly heart stopping
in Dad's case.
"Ah yeah, bless her, for a scrawny little bird
she's always showing off her nads!" Laughed Raine.
But I did'nt go to work with an easy heart. I felt
niggled by Ruth and Sister-thing.
Ruth seemed way off line and Sister-thing was usually
right (though I hated to admit it). In my first coffee
break I phoned Alan, no answer. I laughed probably
the writing muse had left him already!
Becka xx

No comments: