Friday, May 07, 2004

THE E-MALE

Last night had that sad feeling of an end
of an era. My life was changing and it did
not feel like it was for the better. Alex and
Sean were leaving on monday and Alan and
myself were more shaky then ever. Ruth, bless
her stayed the same, still single and loving it
and still more attitude then anyone else I knew.
We got drunk again (I really think jokes aside
that I do drink too much). Sean treated Alex like
a princess, so I suppose that made Ruth and myself
the ugly sisters. They liked Alan's place though.
"It's brilliant." Siad Ruth as she fingered one of the
many palms:" Kind of woody and green, really sexy."
"I wouldn't say that! I'd rip all this wood paneling out
straight away and these plants would have to go!" I
laughed.
"Philistine! It's so Alan." Said Ruth and went to check
out his books.
"Have you found anything saucy?" Asked Alex.
"Nope, but I have found some old photo's, Alan
looked a right hippy in them! Some of Pru made me
wince a bit , she really is a goodlooking woman."
"And so are you." Said Sean gallantly.
"Thank you sir! How much have you had to drink?"
They all crashed over and I was late for work in
the morning. Had that disconnected feeling all day
long and Alan still had not phoned me and his mobile
was switched off. Sometimes I just drift through life.
But on my return when I checked the computer for emails,
there was one for me.

I have arrived safely and in one piece! Really
beautiful here, but cold! Hope you are well and
no more visits from the demon postie. Oh, Pru
has keys so don't be alarmed if she turns up at some
point. I miss you.
Alan
So bloody Pru could turn up could she? My blood
boileth over! Oh I would just have to deal with
it if it happened. But Alan had made me remember
to check my flat so with a heavy heart I decided to
drive over there on the new Vespa.
No post, but a rather sad looking 's**t' sitting on
my doorstep.
"I miss you babe." He said and made a rueful face.
"I really am a stupid git, I've thrown away the best
part of my life. You."
"Oh get stuffed Jeff you idiot! I don't want to hear
anything from you! Come inside and have coffee."
See how lonely I was?
"Is there no way that I can change your mind?"
"No, I'm with Alan now."
"Your with that limp streak of piss?" He laughed.
"He's a better man then you can ever be."
"Yeah right! I mean I wouldn't mind so much if he
was goodlooking, younger or something! But he's
nothing." Jeff looked at me with disgust. "You really
are debasing yourself going with a nerd like that."
"What about you! Going with a bleached blonde
air-head! A really good choice. Alan's fantastic, I
could almost:" I nearly said the L-word! "Live with
him!"
"Blimey! You must be desperate!" Then he shut up
and drank his coffee. I did feel desperate but not in
the way he thought.
Becka

No comments: