Wednesday, May 26, 2004

SLEEPING ON ANGELA

Last night I sat down on my sofa after walking Stupidog in
Kennington Park, my legs were trembling. It could have
been the exertion, but I knew that it was my nerves. What
was expected of me? I'm not a lesbian, how am I supposed
to please the bloody bitch? This is what happens folks
when you sell your soul to the Devil, which was exactly
what I had done. My life was in the doldrums and I was
made an offer, with strings of course (the G variety)
and now I would have to settle my debts. I decided
to wear my most girliest of girls clothes, a pink
sequined dress that was cut short and tight and had been
effective with all the men in my life. I always felt
cheap and tawdry when I wore it, sleazy almost which
was just the look I was after tonight. Obviously from
the hints and the trousers, Angela wanted me to look
boy-wise. Screw that! Tonight I dug out the false eye-
lashes and painted my lids shiny white and purple
with my lips a hot pink. I looked mad with my black
hair and the vivid colours, the epitimol mod queen.
We met in the kind of wine bar which makes you wish
your'd brought your lawyer with you, everyone looked
shrewd and vampirish. Hated the place already. I saw
Angela wearing a red velvet smock thing and her hair
was piled high. She looked me up and down.
"Becka! You look gorgeous, sit next to me." She moved
about an inch so I was forced to sit nearly on her
lap.
"Snug eh?" I joked, her eyes dilated.
"Very. I think we should give this place a miss
and go straight back to mine, much nicer."
The bird that was flapping inside my chest made a
break for it and I stood up rapidly.
"No! Not Yet! It's my round what will you have?"
Yeah I know I sound common. Her disappointment
was palpable.
"If you insist I'll have the red wine, the barman
knows which one I like."
Shit shit shit shit on a stick!
Stood at the bar willing a miracle to happen,
Alan would enter, whisk me off to an indulgent life-
style and I would be happy. Didn't happen.
So I bought back our drinks and we sat talking about
work. How I was finding my new position and what was
a beautiful clever woman like myself doing with her
life? Surely I should have been married off, or
in a steady relationship by now? Well yeah!
A couple more drinks later and I was ready for
anything! Don't think wine agrees with me much.
Woke up this morning with my head resting
on Angela's vast chest! But she was smiling and I
was naked! Caught Stupidog's eye and he looked
away in embarrassment. I know how he felt. I did
not know what to say. A moment later my world
officially ended, Sisterthing let herself into
my flat with her key and she had brought Alan
with her!
"surprise! Look who I found lurking about!
Oooh fuck!"
Raine gawped and Alan's mouth nearly hit the floor.
Angela sat up straight in bed making no effort at
all to cover her sun stopping breasts.
"Hi I'm Angela, Becka's girlfriend!"
I hid under the covers, bloody hell and I could
not remember anything.
Becka

No comments: