Saturday, June 05, 2004

TOO EARLY


Awoke this morning firstly to the sound of Mother
snoring, she had the bedroom-I was reduced to the sofa.
Then I became aware of a drilling sound, it seemed to be coming from my wall. I opened the window and was surprised
to see an old guy fitting brackets just below my bathroom
window.
"What's going on?" I demanded, he looked at me, very
fetching I looked too in my WonderWoman T-shirt and
matching pants.
"I'm fitting CCTV, the Copper down there requested it."
I looked down and saw Mickey Straw sitting in his
battered Megane drinking a huge coffee. I came down and
got into the car with him.
"Like the pants, legs eleven!" He leered.
"Actually I've only got two. You could have told
me about that guy-it could have been embarrassing."
"Nah, your shameless!" I hit him hard in the leg.
"Becka I think this might do the trick, the camera
should catch everything." He placed a warming hand
on my thigh, I removed it quickly.
"I don't like it! All the houses with CCTV around here
are the first to get burgled."
"You haven't got anything worth taking!" Sneered Mickey.
"Fuck you! What about my telly, computer, sound
system?"
"To be honest they are all shit, if you left the
door open I'm sure nothing would go missing. Might
even take pity on you and fetch you some stuff!"
This time I punched him in the arm, enough of his
sauce!
I left him to it, I'd best get Mother up and start
the day. I don't know what I'm going to do yet
for this evening. Half tempted to see if the Sexyboy
is at the pub.
Becka

No comments: