Friday, June 25, 2004

JASPER

I did a brief phone survey regarding Alan: These
are the results.
Sister-Thing Raine said:"For heaven's sake Becks, go
and get the tosser and tell him you love him!"
Alex said:"Honey there are plenty of men out there, get
over him!"
Mickey Straw said:"Ha ha, shall I come over and give
you the 'long arm of the law'?"
The 'Shit'Jeff said:"I never liked him, he was nerd.
Good riddance."
Hmm-What shall I do next? Strangle my boss? Chuck Ma
out of the window? Plead with Ruthie to grow the fuck up?
Working with Angela is turning into a farce-she come's
across all dippy-hippy motherearth, when in fact she is
a hard core nazi task master. I don't even get a smile
out of her now let alone a dinner. I wonder if I should
seduce her again (just to ensure good working relations)
but I think not. It would just make matters just that
little bit worse. Mother is seeing a man called Jasper. Jasper! He is the kind of elderly gent you see
with the orange perma-tan and jet black hair. Blinding
white teeth and a belly borrowed from Buddha complete
the picture. He wears mad clothes too, baggy trousers,
scary shirts and he smells of whiskey. He leered at me
when Mother left the room to fix her face.
"You are such an attractive young lady, just like your Mum!"
He smiled at me to reveal gold teeth at the side, I smiled
back until he said:
"Make's me think I might have chosen the wrong girl.
I hear that you are between beaus at the moment?"
Beaus? What century did he come from?
"That's right, but you've definitely made the right choice
in Mother, she's so elegant."
"Don't know what's wrong with all the young men nowadays,
a sexy girl like you-what I would have done with you if
I'd been younger." There was a roguish twinkle in his
eye which was not in the least appealing to me. Then
suddenly he was standing very close to me. I was pinned
up against the wall by his stomach. "Very sexy." He
murmured and he had a kind of dazed look in his eyes.
"Get off me you old cunt, or I'll tell Ma!" I hissed
and ground my stiletto into his loafer, he winced, good
you old git and I hope it really hurts! Jasper's face
clouded with blood and murderous intentions, he lunged
for me just as Mother entered the room.
"You will keep." He whispered and beamed at Ma:"You
look splendid my dear! Let's paint the town red."
Yeah with your spleen you pervert, I thought angrily.
Mother's men are all like this, they've always tried
it on with Raine and myself, one even caught her on the
loo (she was not best pleased).
Later in the evening Ma said;"Nice isn't he?"
"Jasper! No Ma he's frightful and nasty, you could
do a lot better." I assured her. The look on Mother's
face showed I should have kept my big trap shut.
"You evil little cow Rebecca Martin! He is a very nice
man and more to the point, he is very rich. You keep
away from him." She snarled like a predatory dog. I
raised my hands.
"Only looking out for you." God did she think I wanted
him? Was I that sad?
"I bet." She gave me another daggers look before
turning on her favorite soap opera. Blast as always
she had the wrong end of the stick. Don't get me wrong,
I don't like Mother much, but I don't want her to end up
with an old snake like Jasper.
Look at me-friday night and no-where to go! What can
a nearly middle-aged girl do?
Becka

No comments: