Thursday, June 03, 2004

BRAG-WALKING

Justine was furious when she saw me walking around
the shop floor with my PA badge, snazzy suit and
killer smile.
I ran a finger across her counter and checked it for
dust. I know, I know-but I could not resist it.
"Piss off you!" She snapped, I think I like this girl,
so easy to push all her buttons-must be the short fuse.
"What a way to talk to your superior!" I laughed.
"Just go Becka." She said pleadingly:"What are you here
for anyway? I thought you worked in Head office as
Angela's lackey.
"Well-yeah. But I do get out sometimes and Angela seems
to think that this area:" I pointed to Justine's
counter and my make-up stand."This could do with
revitalising, a bit like your brain cells really."
"Bitch. What have you got in mind?" Her vapid eyes
honed in on me. Eeeww!
"I don't know yet, but really it all looks a bit
'Grace Brothers' and dated. Oh look who is my place! I
walked across to see little Zoey running the counter
all on her own!
"Hey Zoey! I thought you were at college, what happened?"
We hugged and her smile slipped.
"You could say it was a clash of personalities, they
didn't like mine, so I got booted. You left just in
time for me to get your job."
I frowned, it had been bloody hard getting the job
when I was younger. I had to study hard and get all
the right qualifications. Zoey just walked into it.
Sods law. I put aside my jealousy.
"I'm happy for you, really." I smiled:"But get
those exams eh? Then you won't get stuck here and
maybe you can work with real models or stars."
"Maybe, but I'm doing well at the moment." And so she was.
Which leaves me to sort out, obviously I will need
allies if I have to evict Mother. Hmm started to think
of Jeff in a whole new light. Especially after that
spanking.
Becka

No comments: