Sunday, March 14, 2004

'You are only young once, but you can be immature
forever'

Right, I suppose I should introduce myself, my name is
Becka Martin and I am turning 34 soon. Mentally I should think
I have stayed around the twenty mark. I definately dress far
too young as a bloody sales assistant whispered to her friend
"Who does she think she is? Avril Lavigne?" Well I don't really
want to dress at all like a teenage popstrell, but I am probably
stuck in a rut (which happens) jeans, t-shirts, killer boots. So passe, so what? There are worse ways to dress out there, look
at the tweed comeback, what is that all about? If I wanted to look like Princess Anne then I would ride a horse.
I decided to write this kind of diary as 1./ I have no life, 2./ I
thought it would be interesting 3./ see 1./
What do I look like, tall, skinny , I have the best hair though,
long and black (though unfortunately at school I was known as
Olive Oyl) which is probably better then being called Olive from
On The Buses. I have recently split from my boyfriend of eight
years Jeff (name changed to protect identity, lawsuits etc) but
if I refer to him in future writings , he shall be know
as 'The Sh**' Which does a great miservice to a underated
bodily function. He left me for (a younger woman may her
ovaries shrivel and collapse like my broken heart) who apart
from being prettier, richer, more sucessful etc Has nothing
to offer him. I am brooding sad and at this moment I am
utterly consumed by this. But no matter I shall get over it
(eventually) to make matters worse Sex In The City is ending
next week, what shall I do? I loved those girls! Seems like
there is not much out there for the more mature girl (woman)
except, food, losers and fags (the nicotine variety). I am in
the luckyish position that two of my closest friends, Ruth and
Alex are in a similar place to myself, I know that it's selfish,
but I can't but help be a little pleased. They are good girls
I should wish better for them (ok I do, but I want to be ok myself first). Friends should share everything (except men,
last fags or thrush) Ruth is a rather posh hairdresser that
looks like Mia Farrow but talks like Kathy Burke, Alex is a
model (mail order ,just clothes no glamour, don't get your get
your hopes up)She is beautiful and funny but thick as two short
planks, which proves you can't have everything. No I lie she
is clever as well (the bitch) .Will post more tomorrow as I
have a lunch date with said girls. Oh I should tell you I work
as a make-up artist, I try to get ladies to wear orange
foundation and scary lip-liner(Which is always a laugh).
Best BB

No comments: