Monday, March 15, 2004

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and
chains excite me"

Oh what an absolutely cruddy day I've had!

First thing in the morning Ruth phones up cancelling
lunch and says that they (her and Alex) will be around
to see me this evening. So far so good, but of course
it only got better, at work on the very next counter,
evil eye itself decided to make an appearance.
Justine (her of the perfect figure) stood like the snidest
of people, as soon as she saw me her lip curled.
"What?" I snapped.

"Oh nothing, it's just how can you sell make-up to people
when you look like that?" She smiled showing excellent
teeth (or an excellent dentist) and turned away. Point
taken, I did look very gruff, almost minging too use an
expression far too young for my years. I looked like I scone
with currants for eyes. Quickly I did the business and brought
my skin colour back to 'alive'.

For the best part of the morning I was too busy to pay
her much attention. But she kept smiling at me and
shaking her head as if she was cherishing some precious
secret. I caught her in the ladies.

"What gives Justine? With all the smiles and things,
are you cracking on to me or what?" I had practically
pinned her up against the sink and being just a shade
under six foot, used my height to good effect. Her being
only five foot nothing (bully, moi?)

"You wish!" She spat. "Actually I've met your ex-other
half's new girlfriend. Very nice too, pretty.....young."
Her green almost souless eyes scanned my face for a
reaction.

multiple choice
1./ I smashed her in the face
2./ I burst into tears
3./ I laughed manically and said piss off
4./ I coolly turned on my heel and said 'your not
worth it' with a casual toss of the hair

I am saddened to say it was option 3./ not cool
at all but not pathetic like 1 and 2.

She grinned at me like a bloody chesire cat (whatever
that is) I had to leave the building and have a fag to calm
down (which did'nt work as people kept giving me fithy looks
(for smoking I guess.)
For the rest of the day as I made up the faces of
unsuspecting women, I imagined death by make-up.
A kohl stick viciously pushed through the eye socket,
a mascara wand used as a spear, I know I'm delusional
but it was a pleasant pass time.
I brooded about 'The sh**s piece of totty) I had seen her
and she was gorgeous (in a blonde vapid way) her name
is Estelle Harison. I hated her even more then Justine.

Speaking of which (witch!) I decided to be cool (for once)
and ignore her . Did'nt help much, she saw me!

"You know I always thought Jeff was out of your
league, just goes to show what he can achieve with
the right woman. I hear he's being promoted again."

"What to, chief arse-hole? Please spare me the details
Justine." I growled.

She gave another of her infuriating little smiles and turned
to spray and elderly lady with parfum making her sneeze in
the process.

I squinted at her and imagined that I was voodoo queen
and could hex her or something! Nothing happened, so
I guess that I was'nt (although I did get a headache).

So that was my day, cannot wait to see my ladies tonight,
I need friends, pizza, booze and sympathy. So I will brood
a bit longer and see what happens next.
Will tell you what happens with Ruth and Alex tomorrow.
Mad bad BeckaXX

No comments: