Saturday, April 17, 2004

Suspense

Spent most of this morning sulking in bed.
Alan brought me a coffee but I told him to
pee off. At around 4pm a knock at the door
sounded, I ignored it, then I could hear voices
in the hall. Alan had let some bugger in!
I stomped out of bed with my hair in sweaty
twists, marched into the hall to be exposed
to two giggling little girls. Zoey my saturday
girl and a young friend.
"Hello Zoey, what are you doing here? Who's
your friend?" I scratched my disheveled head.
"Hi Becka! This is my friend Laura, she's 15!
I came here because everyone at work is
talking about you, they said that you tried to
kill Justine, is that true?"
"No! 'Course not! I just tried to liberate her
head from her shoulders, thats all."
Alan snorted behind me in contempt, he was
rather disgusted with me at the moment.
"How did you do? Did anyone look after you?"
I asked her.
"Mrs Reeve from 'Hats' covered for you, she's
horrible and old." Said Zoey pulling a face.
"Yes she is an old bat." I admitted. Alan shook
his head angrily.
"Becka! What an example you are to youngsters
if you call a colleague an 'old bat' very unprofessional!"
"Is that your Dad?" Whispered Zoey just loud
enough for Alan to hear her.
"Yes, yes he is!" I said to get my own back on him.
Alan turned furiously on me.
"No I'm not her bloody father although I admit
I feel like it as she acts so childishly. I'm Alan,
her friend." He shook both surprized girls hands
rapidly and then left us to it as she stomped around
my kitchen.
"Why did you say he was your Dad?" Asked Laura.
"Because I thought you two would laugh if I said he
was my fella." I admitted, imagine acting so
sheepish in front of teenagers!
"Thats silly Becka, he's not that bad! A bit odd
though, nice hair. Well as long as you are alright
we're be going. Will you be back next saturday?"
Said Zoey.
"Hope so, my suspension should be over
by then." I grinned at them and thanked them
for coming, I gave them a couple of cans of coke
for the journey home and a suicide bag of McCoy's
crisps. They looked so young and fresh, I felt like
a jaded old bat myself.
Alan was rather huffy after they left.
"I heard you! 'Because you would laugh if I said he
was my fella!' How sweetly nauseating! I like you
Becka, I can put up with your insanity, but I don't
like you taking the piss out of me ok? If you want
I can leave, no biggie, nothing else has happened
has it?" This was from the guy gagging to stay and
protect me.
"I'm sorry. I always fuck it up. Go if you want to."
"I want to stay." He said petulently, he placed a
hand against my face.
"But please do something with your hair it's
frightful!"
"Cheek!" I punched him in the arm, then we
started to wrestle. We were both out of breath
and panting by the end of the fight. The we
were panting for other reasons!
"Becka!" He moaned.
"Come on then, show me what your made of."
And he did.
Becka

No comments: