Thursday, April 29, 2004

'Shut up a your face'

I could hardly leave the situation like this
could I? So rather then tell Alan about my
harrowing experience with 'The Shit', I
started to interrogate him about Pru.
"Right, lets clear the air shall we?"
"I was unaware there was air to clear, but
go ahead if you want to." Said Alan and
infuriatingly he continued to watch the
television. A taped episode of 'Most Haunted'.
"You had lunch with Pru yesterday and
you have'nt spoken about it at all. What
happened?"
"Excuse me? Just because I'm not like you and
your gossipy little friends! We had lunch at
Swiss Pepa, a veggie restuarant and talked
about old times." At last he peeled his eyes
away from Yvette Fielding and Derek Acorah
and gave me some attention.
"Were you thinking of re-living some of them?"
I stared very hard at him, trying to see deception
in his face and was dismayed when he looked
away.
"No." He said and turned his back on me.
"This is taped! Can't you turn it off and talk
to me?" I squawked angrily at him.
"This is my favourite part, when Derek gets
possessed!"
"Bloody hell! This is my flat! My telly, my tape!"
My big mouth. That blew it, Alan stood up
calmly and turned the set off.
"I see." He said and got his jacket:"If it's like
that then I'll leave. I'll get my things tomorrow."
His face was cold and totally unreadable.
"I'm sorry!" I cried.
"I'll be back tomorrow. Then we're, ah, see."
"I'm not good at this love stuff." I said feeling
helpless to stop what was unravelling before my
eyes. Alan looked at me and shook his head
sadly.
"Your a good kid." He said as he left.
Kid? I'm 34! Oh all that glam-gran stuff with
Pru I supposed, he was comparing us. She
was obviously a woman and I was a kid!
Not in the least flattering in this instant. I
beat a pillow black and blue and screamed
in the shower. Do you do that? Have the jet
on warp blast and just scream? Oh just me then.
I miss Alan, I'm losing him because I don't have
the tools to keep him. It's like a game where
the rules suddenly change, like Twister at puberty.
Becka

No comments: