Sunday, April 11, 2004

Holy S**t!!

Using self control and alcohol I managed to
get through the evening without phoning anyone
up and whinging. Pleased with myself I awoke
early and had a quick, hot shower.
Easter Sunday and not and egg in sight, half
expected to see smashed ones in my hall though.
I was making coffee when the letter box rattled,
I saw something slip through, paper,
probably a death threat. I tore the door open.
"Get back to Hell You Bastard ! Ooh sorry Miss Foote!
I did'nt realise it was you! Are you ok?"
In my lunatic state I had snatched the door open on
my elderly neighbour Miss Foote, eighty-two and still
a Jehovah's Witness. She was shaking like a leaf.
"Oh my chest!" She held her little dried hands
against her bosom and panted deeply. I hoped she
was'nt going to expire on me.
" Please come in and have some coffee,
I am so ashamed." I ushered her in, after two cups
of coffee, 3 Maryland cookies and a 20 minute talk
about Watch Tower, she was ok.
"You know Becka, you are a firebrand! Just what
our church needs, would you consider joing us?"
She looked so hopeful and sweet. Not that sweet
though!
"Uh no, not yet. Maybe in a couple of years (when I've
moved and you've forgotten all about me) I'll, uh,
keep you posted."
"Don't you think you should really go to the police dear?
I mean, you are a nervous wreck." This made my eyes
well up for a moment. It's all very well being single and
tough, but sometimes, when things go wrong you
can feel very alone.
"I will Miss Foote, I promise if anything else happens,
Then I will definately call the police."
Spent most of the day hanging about in my tracksuit,
I looked a right state with my tufty hair. Tried to
eat my weight in biscuits and ice-cream but it did'nt
make me feel any better. Found the paper that Miss
Foote had put through. It said ' Darkness is Coming,
Listen to Him.' This for some reason made me feel
quite cold. I phoned Alan up.
"Can you come round?"
"Not another dubious offer of sex is it?"
"Nope, just company. Please?"
He agreed to it, then a thought hit me, say he
really was 'The One'? not the mythical one, but
the psycho? And I had just invited him in, like a
vampire! I'll have to think of something! Quickly!!
Becka

No comments: