Saturday, April 10, 2004

Not Jeff

Finally had to phone Jeff, notice how I am
calling him by his proper name now? Very
worrying. Anyway the bottom (and scary)
line is he did'nt do any of it, the Vespa or
the fish through the letter box. He was
quite upset that I would even think it.
"Hey! What am I supposed to thinK? I have
a lunatic swearing and pulling up bushes
then my bike gets trashed." I said.
"Alright, I admit that if I'd thought of it then I
might have trashed the bike. The fish thing,
no, how disgusting! Maybe you've got a stalker,
maybe it's Alan."
"Ok Jeff, enough, sod off then."
It conspires that he is happier now on account that
Estelle is back, blonder and perkier then ever.
But who was doing all these lousy things? I hated
it when he said Alan, because maybe it was him.
I know, I know! He's a nice guy, but he's still quite
new to my life and I still don't know if I can trust him.
Today was deep joy travelling on the tube to
work armed with my portfolio for Zoey to look at.
"Oh my god your hairs so pretty!" She gushed.
"Mmm, like it a big longer myself, but thanks. Here's
my old college stuff, thought it might help you with
colour."
"This is fantastic!" She looked through the pages,
I had to admit they looked very dated now, all those
eighties shots of models, but it was still pretty
good.
"You can take it home if you like! See this girl here?
That's Alex, one of my best friends. Christ, she looks
about twelve in that photo!" Realistically she was about
eighteen.
"She's lovely! Do you think that I could look like that when
I get older?" Zoey looked at me hopefully, I looked at
her critically. What could I say? She was pretty but quite
short. Alex was short for a model but she was 5''7!
"I think so, you will have to have the odd early night
and drink lots of water. Not to mention never eating.
You don't want to be a model do you?"
"No! Besides, I'm much too short! Maybe you can
introduce me to your friend sometime?"
"No problem at all. Come on lets look at some colours."
To her credit she worked hard and knew her stuff.
But like a magnet she was drawn again and again to
pink. At least she was refraining from painting the
customers in it.
"Zoey! You will put Barbara Cartland to shame with
this pink fixation! Where does it come from I wonder?"
"I don't know, I've just always liked pink, it makes me
feel happy! It's pretty and fresh, I me feel cute and girly
when I wear it."
"I've never felt cute and girly!" I looked over at Justine,
she was so perfectly a woman, yes there are loads of
variations, I'm not being judgmental. But for looks and
attitude Justine was definately feminine. Dainty. Not a
lumberjack like myself. Pity she was'nt nicer.
"You do come across a bit tough, but you are beautiful
Becka! I bet you look lovely all dressed up!"
"Yeah I do. I just feel like I am in drag!"
We both laughed at this.
Spent an enjoyable morning with Zoey, just talking about
college etc. It was'nt until I got home that I realised
something else had been poured through my letter
box, this time it was bleach! I decided against telling
anyone, they would only worry.
Hell I'm worrying enough!
Wonder if I should phone Jeff again?
Becka

No comments: