Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Dear Prudence

"Um I phoned Pru." Said the voice of a guilty
man. Namely Alan.
I glared and shrugged at the same time.
"So?" Like it mattered less then nothing to
me.
"I'm going to be meeting her for lunch today,
is that ok with you?" Said Alan's hesistant voice.
"Fine." I like to keep to one-word replies when I'm
fuming.
"Would you like to come as well?"
I made a choking kind of scoffing laugh.
"My, you are a greedy boy! She's very beautiful
this Pru, is'nt she?" I scanned his face for a
reaction.
"I always thought so." He agreed.
I could tell that he was grinding his teeth.
"Are you going to act so childishly everytime
I see someone else?" He demanded.
"Nope, I'll probably have a date of my own to
go to." Like that was a reality!
"This is not a 'date' this is a lunch with an old friend."
"An old friend that you were married to and
used to shag frequently." I pointed out.
" Why are you acting like this? It's all ancient
history, or don't you hve any friends that you
used to once care for?"
I grinned at him.
"Nah, I hated all my ex's, 'cept Jeff."
"Yeah-and you shagged him recently did'nt you?
Just don't tar people with your own brush. I
have higher standards." He looked so pompous.
"Your a man are'nt you? Anyway your standards
can't be that high or else you would'nt be with
me." I loved to win, even if it was at my own
detriment.
"Would you like me to cancel?" His voice dripped
with ice cold anger, he would cancel, but at what
price?
"No you go out with your 'Lady', I'll amused myself
with my collection of vibrators."
Alan kissed me on the forehead.
"I'll bring you back a present." He whispered like I
was a child. I kissed him hard on the mouth. I
think he liked that.
I am childish, Pru's sophisticated and adult, maybe
he misses that sometimes. Grown up stuff.
Becka

No comments: