Sunday, April 25, 2004

The H-ex

Alan created such a fuss that I decided to
go to the police. Luckily my blogspot actually
proved very valuable at documenting when
the 'postie' activities took place. I was told
off and they said that I should have reported
this before. Oh well it's done now. Have to
wait and see and keep in contact with the
police everytime something happens.
We were walking home hand in hand when a
silver Lexus drew up besides us and parked.
The blackened window opened slowly.
"Alan!" Said the husky female voice which seemed
full of promise and emotion. Alan let go of my
hand.
"Pru! How wonderful!"
The door of the car opened and out got 'Pru',
for a fleeting second I could feel superior
because she was at least 10 years older then
myself. Then I realised that she was absolutely
stunning, like Francesca Annis or Sigorney
Weaver, older confident, beautiful and rich.
They embraced warmly.
"Becka, this is my ex-wife Prudence, Pru this
is my current girlfriend Becka." Gushed Alan.
I did'nt like the 'current' one little bit!
"Pleased to meet you." I mumbled.
"Charming! So pretty!" She said patronizingly
then to Alan:"Honey, I have to go! But look,
I'm in London for a few days, here's my card
please call me! Your still at our old place I
take it?" She said hopefully, her pale blue
eyes were twinkling and I realised that they
were totally at ease with eachother. I liked
her hair too, it was short and spiky with grey
streaks which were either from age or by intention
whatever, it looked chic.
"Um I'm staying with Becka at the moment so it's
probably better if I call you darling?" He kissed her
warmly on the cheek.
"Nice to have met you sweetheart." Said Pru to
me. I felt suddenly very tawdry and unkempt.
"Whats that face for?" Said Alan and gave me a
squeeze.
"I just feel, oh nothing-just being silly! Come on
lets have some dinner!" I thought it would be
best to play it cool.
"You have nothing to worry about you know." Said
Alan (like he'd suddenly morphed into a mind-reader).
"I don't know what you mean." I said defensively.
In the even as I grilled some tuna, I also grilled
Alan. He and Pru had been childhood sweethearts
well from 16, had gone to university together and
finally married at 24. They'd never had children but
divorced amicably when Pru (a college lecturer) had
embarked on an affair with a student. It was'nt
that bad though, he had been 29 at the time!
She's married him, had a late child and then divorced
(he'd come out as gay). Pru had always kept in
touch with Alan over the years.
I shrugged.
"Do you trust me?" He asked simply.
"Yes." I said implicitly (all men were not to be tarred
with the Jeff-brush):"But, I don't trust her, I saw the
way she was looking at you! All roaming eyeballs and
all!"
Alan laughed happily.
"Look, we are ancient history and I'm really
happy to be with you! I promise!"
Still feel funny though, sexy ex's are never a
welcome sight.
"Do you still fancy her? Were you heartbroken when
she left you?"
"No and yes. I only fancy you, but she did break my
heart leaving me for a spotty git of a mature student!"
"Humph" I mumbled, I had a feeling about this
Pru. I was also wondering whether Estelle had
been questioned yet or Justine come to that. I'd
named both of them, those that make me a nark?
Becka.

No comments: