Saturday, December 11, 2004

YO?

I phoned Skinner:"Yo skinner?" I said, yo? I know-
lamentable.
"Becka." His voice was cold and stilted, pissed off I'd
say.
"Sorry it's been awhile, busy with work, you know
how it gets." I gushed.
"Indeed but you ignored my calls and I even texted
you, I never do that." Still pissed off, I'd best try
wheedling.
"Ah honey don't be mad! I'm sorry-really I am! How
can I make it up to you? Anything! No nude stuff in
the street though." I warned (I'd been caught by
saying 'anything' like this before, not pretty!)
"Come with me to Thrumz tonight, be part of the
act." His voice was teasing now, although my initial
reaction was to say 'piss off!' he had me though.
"Look I don't want to be like Ruthie, stripped and
humiliated in public (and loving it) any other ideas?"
"I promise you that it will be fun and I really
don't want to share you with anyone. Come on
gorgeous, say yes and leave the rest to me."
See he talks a good game doesn't he? Unluckily
he does not have the equipment to follow through
though. Wanker.
"Alright! No nipples though." I warned as my final
word.
"No nipples. Oh I bumped into your pal Ruth
the other night-did she tell you? It was at
LilacLace." He asked.
Fuck, he'd been with Jeff, Estelle and Justine
that night. What could I say?
"Oh she did, said you were with our mutual
acquaintances."
I tried to have a light, carefree voice, it however
verged on hysteria.
"Umm. I had wondered if you were jealous seeing
as I was with another girl. You had no need to
worry-I was just 'breaking her in' for a friend."
His voice was silky and sweet but at that moment
I hated him like shit. Poor Justine (bet you thought
I'd never say that eh?)
"No Ruthie said it was cool, we're not exclusive
anyway are we Master? "
"We could be-if that's what you want." Skinner
said tantalizingly.
"It's great as it is, maybe when we know eachother
better." I said encouragingly, he seemed ok with
this and we spent another couple of minutes
talking complete bollocks (as you do).
So I'm meeting him tonight, lucky me eh?
Phoned Mickey (Top bird he called me).
Phoned Alan but hung up when Jude answered.
Couldn't be doing with twins at this delicate
time. Much too distracting.
Told Ruthie and Alex that I was going to Thrumz.
"Not that awful fucking place again!" Shrieked
Ruthie.
"Thrumz? Grady owns that, only found out
recently." She smiled at me proud I guess to
be top bitch of a club owner. Then it hit me
like a ton of rice pudding.
"What?! Grady owns Thrumz? Since when?"
I shouted into her face this was not good at
all and confusing!
"Back off! I don't know do I? He doesn't exactly
advertise the fact. It wouldn't do alot for his 'hood
credibility-I mean it's a fetish place."
I ran a hand through my sweating extensions.
"Ruthie cut these fuckers out of my head! Alex
dress up nicely we're going out." I was thinking
fast.
"What about me?" Said Ruth with her bottom
lip sticking sulkily.
"Not you this time-I have a feeling I'll be much
happier with Alex." I meant safer, but I did not
want to scare them.
"Thanks a bunch!" Snarled Ruth and grabbed
a lock of my hair. Made my eyes smart it did.
"You have no idea what I mean, so trust me
huh? Both of you?" I did the old 'pleading eye
thingy'. I'm too good really I am.
"Will you tell us what is going on?" Demanded
Alex.
"In a word-no." I said with a heavy heart.
"So we have to trust you?" Said Ruth.
"Be easier." I said (for me).
"Have we a choice?" Alex again.
"Nope." I held both of their hands tightly.
"Mad bitch." Said Ruth and set about my hair
briskly. Alex squinted at me then shrugged.
"Ignorance is bliss." She said.
Becka Martin.

No comments: