Thursday, December 02, 2004

NOT BROKEN JUST WRONG

Guilt does funny things to a person-like excess
chocolate consumption and an irrational urge to
kill an 'I told you so' sister.
Can't get my head around Detective Straw (yeah-
yeah you know what I mean!) We've known
eachother like forever! And we are still messing
eachother up.
"I always thought he was perfect for you." Said
Sister-thing Raine:"But you can't have him now,
Mick's got responsibilities, move on, get over it."
"It's easy for you!" I scoffed:"With your perfect
marriage and unruly hair! I should avoid Mickey
like the plague, but I'm drawn to him on account
he's the best shag I've ever had." This was the
truth, he was my first and I'll always have a soft
spot for him.
"Sex is not everything, well maybe it is for you but
that can be fixed with therapy. Leave the men
alone for awhile, concentrate on staying alive.
What did Mickey say to you after your little,
ah, blip?"
"He said he's mad in love with me and he's
going to leave Sharon and the kids and move
in round Ruthie's so we can shag day and night."
Raine's yap fell open.
"He didn't!" She squealed.
"No he didn't! 'Course not, he loves his wife and
kids. We just have history." I bit off a square
of Green and Black's Mint chocolate and let it
melt on my tongue.
"You know what they say about history."
"No?" Was I in for some Sister Creed?
"It's in the past, best to leave it there. Oh and
don't eat all the chocolate you greedy fat bitch."
Then Raine hit me on the head with the rest of
the bar. How rude.
I know that Mickey is just as screwed up as
I am about the situation. Somethings can't be
fixed, because their not broken just wrong.
So I've now got to work on Justine, I've tried
buying her coffee but she's in such a state I
doubt if she notices. Tomorrow I will try to
do something different.
Becka Martin

No comments: