Wednesday, December 15, 2004

TINSEL AND TONGUES

Sorry about the delay in writing, been busy and
such with Xmas and goings on! Right back to the
chase, Alex and myself attended Thrumz happy
in the knowledge that Grady (fat man die) owned
the joint!
Ruth had cut my hair and removed the last of the
extensions, my hair looked like it was in shock and
it was very mulletty. I only needed to scream
'Merry Christmasssss!" and I would be part of a 70's
glam band. Too bad-'cos my arse looking pretty darn
fine in my black jeans and I wore a sparkly green top
which left most of my shoulder's and back bare. Alex
was gorgeous in a simple ash coloured vest and
cropped black trousers. Hate her.
Skinner greeted us as soon as we entered.
I felt my heart doing it's mad dance but felt
reasonably safe at this time.
"I thought you would come alone." He whispered
in my ear.
"I never come alone." I said dead-pan.
"Remember you said your'd get involved in
the act." He warned.
"I trust you." I said, lying of course.
Alex was looking at people disdainfully, it looked
like she could smell something very very bad.
"Lighten up honey-I'm the cabaret." I said as
I passed her a Christmassy cranberry and vodka.
"Don't show me up." I think she was enjoying
being top'ho.
I drank deeply, then because I can, I did tiger-
breathing, letting the air fill my lungs and letting
it out with a whoosh.
"Stop that." Commanded Alex (you know she is
very stern, very S&M).
But it had worked, I felt filled with energy and
adrenalin. I my hip glanced against someone, I
turned to apologize.
"Justine!" I said (for it was she).
"Shit!" She grumbled, not my name but very
close. Actually she looked slightly better,
dressed in an understated black suit and
make-up applied to cover her lack of life.
Cool.
"Embarrassing huh?" I grinned, I would
have loved to have milked this.
"You could say that." She said miserably.
"Who are you with? I'm with Alex, not exactly
Angela's scene is it?" I teased.
"No but then we are history now." I saw something
flit across her face. Something different, emotion
even. Not bad for a revenant.
"You liked her a bit more then you let on?"
"No comment, anyway here's the man." She
nodded towards someone. Skinner.
"I'm glad you two ladies know eachother, it'll
make the act that much easier." He said.
My heart sunk faster then a toaster in a
swimming pool. Justine's eye's looked panicky
and overly-bright. Was she on something?
I couldn't be sure.
"Ah Master, it might not be appropriate-I
work with Becka." She said in a terrible
crawling little voice.
"Justine! Did I give you permission to talk?"
He snarled.
"No sorry!" She looked around for help, there
wasn't any.
"Your still doing it!" Skinner bellowed.
"Oh leave her alone-let's just get on with
it." Whatever 'it' is. Skinner gave me a look
of unbridled fury. Alex intervened.
"I need another drink." The barman hastily
filled her glass.
Skinner clapped his hands together twice,
the dry summoning sound stopped the
music and chatter.
"The performance will start!" He shouted and
a ragged yell lit the air.
"This scene is entitled 'Tinsel and Tongues'
enjoy it!"
Are you hooked? Well maybe not as much as
Justine!
Becka Martin

1 comment:

Tilly said...

Bugger, just when it was getting exciting! You tease. :o)