Monday, April 18, 2005

A RIGHT CHARLEY

I stood there in front of the assembled power
monkeys and talked complete bollocks.
"I like to think of us as Charlie's Angels, you
know the 70's show? Three little girls, well
one was super dupa fly (that was me!) one
was the lovely supersize-me Angela who
had an adorable son, Max and one little girl
was dead!" I laughed at my own joke.
Nobody else did.
"I mean we needed a Bosely to sort us out,
that can be Mal! Hey Mal!" I waved to him,
he was hiding behind a napkin.
"So our store must be The Police Academy
and Charlie who took us away from all that
must actually be Angela, because she's the one
with money. So then we need a new Angel
because, I can't remember why actually!" I
laughed again. I could hear Ruthie laughing
madly. I saw Alan's scared eyes and Patrick
looking at me sadly.
"So to the brides! Let's all raise a glass to
the lovely brides, Angela and Justine, may
their time together be filled with Gucci and
Gautier!" Said Alex behind me, taking over
smoothly as ever. Everyone saluted, but all
eyes were on me. I could hear Justine's
teeth grinding and Angela hissed:"I'll get
you for this Rebecca Martin!"

Becka M

2 comments:

Lindy said...

You sure know how to give a speech, lady. My hats off to you.

Rainex said...

Thanks-she has a way with
words don't you think?