Sunday, April 03, 2005

NO BLOOD TIES

"So you are going to this wedding too."
Said Patrick and laughed deeply:"Oh God what
a bloody mess, still it will show us Conservatives
are not at all fuddy duddy."
"Or of course it could prove what we've known all
alone-Tories are riddled with vice and sexual
fetish." I said.
"Yes." He replied dryly. "I take it that you will
be discreet, about you're relationship with
myself?" There was a slight threat in his voice:
"As I will have Catherine with me."
"I won't say a word, does it matter that much
too you?" I felt slightly hurt.
"In a word yes, you've done nothing wrong my dear,
but the press would have a field day with you."
He laughed again:"I got an invitation to another
wedding you know, but I think this one will be
more fun if you can keep our secret."
"Oh you mean Ken and Deirdre!" I giggled.
"More like King and Dreary. I can't wait to see you
again Rebecca."
"I'll be the soul of discretion." I assured him:" Oh I've
something to ask you."
"Fire away."
So I asked him about Justine, because it was really,
really worrying me. His laughter was like music
to my ears.
"Oh that silly bitch! She is Catherine's niece, technically
my niece too, but we'll overlook that one! Not the
healthiest looking person is she?"
"I call her Dead-girl!" I admitted. No blood ties, I was a
happy bunny!
"I think that suits her very well, though not very fair
to corpses!"
We laughed together and for the first time I was
actually looking forwards to this wedding, I might be
able to steal a moment of his time.
"You will meet Alan, my boyfriend." I felt a thrill
go through me, I felt sixteen again.
"Mmm, he'd better be good enough for my girl,
anyway we will leave it there shall we? I'll see
you soon."
"I'm the Best Man." I warned him.
"I'm sure you are." He said completely unfazed.
Then 10 minutes later I got a little visit from a
Detective named Straw.
Lordy!
Becka M

3 comments:

Lindy said...

And yet another mystery begins..?

Rainex said...

You're getting it girl!

Terrence said...

I enjoyed reading your blog thanks.