Friday, October 29, 2004

' TECCY

I don't mention work much lately as to be honest
it's perfectly boring. However I have been going there
inspite of it all (the murder, the betrayal, the sexy twins)
to laze at my desk and insult the fetid Justine. But that
had to change, the insults I mean, not the lazing (my gosh
I can't change that much!)
This was on account of my new job as' Double O' or
as Sister-thing Raine says:'Dopey-O' which is more fitting.
I know that Justine is a very good friend of Estelle, the
fluffy blonde bitch-queen 'ho who nicked Jeff off me in the
first place! What would my life have been like I wonder
if he hadn't fallen for her blonde siliconess? Who knows?
"Hiya Justine!" I said brightly. She peered at me from
behind The Times Financial section, she looked very
Madonna circa Erotica, all greased back hair and
pencil thin eyebrows. Unnerving so close to Halloween.
"Oh my God it's Pocahontas!" She said and her lip
curled into something that on anyone else would have
been a smile. I think she meant my new hair.
"Oh the hair? New, like it?" I smiled again, this was
killing me!
"No, you remind me of an Afghan hound, only greasier."
"Nice." I said biting the insides of my mouth to stop
any retort being formed. Blast I hated her!
"Angela is in a meeting, she wants you to look at this
buyers ledger, she was wondering why you keep
ordering all these designer shoes-your'd better take
a look." She threw the file at my head .
I caught it before it glanced off my brow." Thanks! Listen
Justine, I was wondering, um, do you still see much of
Estelle and Jeff?" I tried to play it cool but my top lip
was sweating (I hoped she would think it was lip gloss)
and I felt very unsure how to play this.
"Yeah all the time! Still very much in love, Jeff must have
thought he'd won the lottery when he dumped you for
Estelle!" She grinned with crystalline spite, I had to
control myself, even though I wanted to bounce her head
off the walls.
"Good! I'm glad they are happy, Jeff deserves nothing
but the best (the bastard) and I hope he is happy (in
hell!) I haven't seen either of them about recently though."
I'm good at lying.
"Oh they are about." A small frown creased her pale
forehead: "You expect these sort of things with couples, I used
to go out with Estelle weekly, now I'm lucky if.....:"She looked
up at me:"What's all the interest? You surely don't think you
can get Jeff back do you?"
"No! To be honest I would not want him back, but you get
used to people, I miss him." I lied again, the only thing I
miss about Jeff was his dick.
"Oh didums!" Justine's voice dripped with venom.
"I expect you miss Estelle too." I had to get that one in!
"A bit! But as it happens, I'm meeting them this very
night, we are going clubbing." (So there!) She did not say
that bit, but it was so obviously there.
"Great! Anywhere I know? LilacLace?" I pushed.
"I don't know, it's a surprise." She began to look at the
T2 section of her paper.
"Any idea what you are wearing?" (Leathers, plastics,
bondage etc?) I thought I'd pushed too far when she said:
"Funny you should say that, Estelle says she is bringing
me an outfit, cute hah?" Before I could say another word,
Angela put her head around the door.
"Alright girls? Becka have you had a look at those bloody
shoes yet? I can't work it out. Justine fetch the coffee
through in five minutes."
"Will do." Said Justine and bustled off to sort out the best
china.
I made a quick phone call to Mickey Straw.
"Excellent Darlin'." He said.
Now I've got to sort this ledger out, I never thought
Angela would look that closely at my work, after all, it's
only a few shoes and they were very lovely. There goes
my Christmas bonus!
Wonder what Jeff is up to?
Becka Martin


No comments: