Saturday, October 16, 2004

OK-LOT'S OF ITALICS!!

Be calm, be quiet, still there? Ok. Well the Cops
didn't have anything on me, not one shred of evidence
linking me to Pru. Why was I called in? Because the incredibly
demented cow had a shrine to me in her flat! A shrine! Pictures!
Clothes (they were much better then mine) she even had
poxy hair extensions. If you had looked at her wardrobe, CD's,
life etc, you would have thought the bitch was me. I was kind of
glad she was dead-it was way too creepy to think about. Especially
after Ruthie looping out on me earlier in the year with her
stalky knickers on! What is it with me? I'm pretty average,
not that young or successful but.....
"You have a knack girl, of bringing out the looney in a guy."
This was Mickey. Alan had stormed off (again- sigh).
We sat drinking expresso's on the wall outside the Cop-Shop.
"Pru hated my guts! Really hated me, because I had Alan.
I don't know. After all, she was loaded, not bad looking, what
could I have, other then Al, that she would want?"
Mickey frowned into his drink.
"This is a real tough one Becks, we know that she was a bit
nutty copying you, one of the least stylish people on the planet!
The bottom line is that she made a new life for herself as you-
a life that backfired in the extreme. We think that someone
found her, she went somewhere and was found by someone.
We have an idea what went on."
"Mickey, tell me it wasn't Alan." I pleaded.
"It wasn't Alan." Said sexy 'Tec, although he was not smiling.
"Your just saying that!" I scoffed.
"Uh-uh, it wasn't Al. But he was shagging her alright, make
no bones about that, evidence, you see, on the sheets."
"Gross!" I shuddered, no wonder he had pissed off.
"Yeah, so the thing is hon, what do we do now?" Mickey stood
looking all Bruce Willisy and intense. I kissed his hard (chin!)
and slipped my hand into his pocket to nick some change for
my cab home.
"I don't know babe. Your the cops, it's your problem, I have
enough with Alan at the moment!"
"Becka! You daft cow! How thick are you? Talk about not reading
between the lines, do you even read at all? Pru was living your
life, acting like you. What makes you think for one second
that her killer might not make a move on you?"
"Shit!" I squeaked.
"Exactly! Now all's not lost, we think that we can protect you
if you do exactly what we say. Can you manage that?"
"Do I have any other options?"
"Not if you want to live."

Becka Martin

4 comments:

Tilly said...

Eep!

Too scary.

Foxsden said...

Nice to have you back

Rainex said...

Some of it is true...........
some of it could be true.......
Thanks for reading guys-writing tonight.
Will read yours in the meanwhile!

Fist of Trueness said...

You have returned! Kudos to returns. Now let's get back to Becka.