Sunday, January 16, 2005

THE SILLY COW BRIGADE

When I woke up sometime later in a small room, firstly
I was dismayed to see that I had a drip in my arm. I hate
needles. Secondly the 'silly cow brigade' namely Sister-thing
Raine, Alex and Ruthie were crowding around my bed
making noises like I was going to expire or something!
The worst though had to be MOTHER! Someone, or some
Raine had told her and I thought it was a low down dirty
thing to do when I had been battered and abused
and shot!
Talking of which:"Justine? Did she make it?" I said in
a crabby voice that would probably be my own if I
continued to smoke at the rate I was.
Everyone started to bustle and preen, fluffing my pillows
and kissing me profusely.
"Yes! Yes!" I said impatiently trying to wave them away,
not the best thing to do with only one arm.
"Justine's ok-one of her lungs was buggered but they
are confident enough to think she is going to be alright.
She's sitting up anyway." Said Raine.
Ruthie grinned at me in her impish way:"I saw the
dress you were wearing! Far fucking out! What a tart!"
She squealed with laughter.
Then Alex: "I don't think Grady knew the extent
of what Jeff was doing you know. But I dumped him
anyway! That dress was the worst." She kissed me.
"Not your colour at at."
"That's nice to know, you dumping Grady, not the dress.
What's happening with Jeff ?"
"Arrested, fire arms, attempted manslaughter, kidnapping,
drugs-they were well coked-up!" Said Alex.
"I see-Estelle?"I asked.
"The same, but they think she genuinely is a
bit loopy." Said Raine.
"Well I think this is a shocking way to behave!
The shame of it!" This was Mother, she must have
abstained from the ciggies for all of 10 minutes
and it showed.
"It wasn't Becks fault!" Said Raine angrily:"She
was helping the police."
"That's what I meant! Well, if you are ok then."
Mother kissed me with her pursed dry lips.
"I'll be off, Jasper is waiting in the car park."
I nodded well at least she came, motherly love
indeed from her.
"Skinner?" I said.
"Not much, soliciting, drugs running. I reckon
he will sing like a canary. Can you imagine the
time he would have in jail?" Said Ruth and did
an obscene gesture with her hands that suggested
butt-sex. I winced, he was not all bad.
I started to cry-it had caught up with me, the girl's
fussed and shushed me. It was over, was it worth it?
Pru was already dead, I was nearly there and
Justine escaped being the next Becka-sex-clone.
So maybe it was worth it. Sort of.
A nurse entered and started to shoo everyone away
saying I needed my rest. Couldn't argue there.
The all left noisily, I smiled, at least I had friends.
"Becka." Said a soft male voice.
I looked up into the concerned face of Alan, clutching
the worst bunch of garage flowers and a box of Milk
Tray. "The Nurse says I've got five minutes." He
explained.
"You can do a lot in five minutes." I said suggestively.
Alan raised an eye-brow.

Becka Martin

4 comments:

Tilly said...

Yay! She's OK. You've got to try and get this published hon - seriously.

Rainex said...

Thanks Tilly! I wouldn't know where to
start though!

Etoile Tyler said...

I heart Becka.

Rainex said...

Aaawww sweetie! Thanks Etoile!