Sunday, January 23, 2005

LORDY!!!

So January ticks over like the boring month it is, then out
of the blue and smelling suspiciously expensive a letter
appears in the post. Was it a bill? Not scary enough. Was
it a love letter? Like I even want contact with anyone
anymore! Was it a letter saying I had won a holiday, a
million pounds or a villa in Spain? No it was a small cream
coloured envelope that said on the cover: HOUSE OF
COMMONS. For one wicked second I thought they had
caught up with me for not paying the poll tax in the '80s!
Then I thought it might be a jury service summons, but the
envelope was too small.
Gingerly I opened it like a tiger might jump out or a
deadly dose of bubonic plague might make for my nose.
It's headed paper said RIGHT HONOURABLE SIR
PATRICK BEAMISH MP. It was a short note, hand written
it what is termed as copper plate, it said:

My dear Rebecca,
upon information received recently I thought that
it would be fortuitous for us to meet. I understand
that you know nothing of me and this letter is the
very first contact between us.
I need you to know that firstly I only recently found
out about your birth and it has taken much soul-
searching to contact you. I am your father Rebecca.
I enclose my home telephone and mobile phone numbers
so that you can take the next step and arrange a time
and place for us to meet.
Yours sincerely Patrick Beamish

Oh Lordy! My dad's a Tory MP!!!

Becka Martin?

1 comment:

Tilly said...

Yowzer!