Saturday, January 08, 2005

HEY MICKEY!

Justine kicked Skinner out of the way (as you do to
the prone and perverted) it was that horrible,
panting, 'what's going on behind me' feeling that was
making my stomach lurch. Another gunshot did
not improve matters. Was Angela dead?
We were nearly there, nearly in the darkened
hallway that led back to Thrumz. Could we make it?
Could we fuck!
"Stop now or I'll shoot you in the legs!" Ordered Jeff.
We stopped, we're girlies, we need legs.
Just then Mickey Straw jumped in front of me in
full body armour and a gun. Cop girl was clad the same
and equally well armed, another couple of coppers
were stuck to the wall like those sticky toys you throw.
What a sight! I felt weak with relief but it wasn't over
yet.
"Drop the gun Jeffrey !" Shouted Mickey in a Pulp
Fiction kind of way.
"I can't-she's ruined my life! Becka! Becka! Don't you
see we are meant to be together even if you have
to be Justine to make it work."
He said in a voice that gave me the willies.
"Whose she? Who ruined your life?" Asked Cop Girl
Kate (well versed in counselling the lunatic chapter).
"Estelle, Becka, Pru, they are all the bloody same!
Women! Always wanting always needing, what haven't
I given them? They ask too much!"
Jeff sat down and began to sob, big straggly
snotty gulps.
Justine was breathing heavily, she was trying to
support my weight and I wasn't helping much.
"Let the women go-it's over Jeff." Said Mickey.
I watched a bead of sweat roll down his face
and rest on his top lip, he licked it away.
"I don't think so!" Said Jeff and the next second
I was thrown to the floor with Justine on top
of me. It hurt! Oh I was shot! Then I realized
the bullet must have passed through Justine!
And she wasn't moving.
Becka Martin

1 comment:

Tilly said...

Erk! I never thought I'd feel sorry for Justine!