Thursday, May 19, 2005

ALL MARBLES AND BALLS

I came back to Ma's flat clutching a bunch of
carrier bags and a little worse for wear because
of the Hardluck pie. Wonder why he called it a
pie when it was a cakey concoction? That's the
Scots for you, they call a skirt a kilt after all.
I had made a decision, I was going to have to pay
Jasper back, not in a vindictive sense (though that
would be nice) but in hard cash. I'm not a whore.
I changed out of my incredibly smelly clothes
into a neat black Next T-shirt and a pair of Diesel
jeans, also clean knickers, very nice indeed!
Ma was out (good) but Jasper returned just as
I was sorting out my items and trying to work
out how I was going to pay the old stiff back.
He grinned like the Lizard he was.
"Very lovely." He purred:"I likes a girl who
takes care of herself." He picked up my dirty
knickers and sniffed them. I tried not to let
it faze me.
"Do you mind?" I said smoothly retrieving them
from his hot little hand.
"Listen thanks for that loan I'll be working soon
so I'll pay you back Jasper."
"What? No love I thought we had an understanding."
I was suddenly aware that although he was shorter
then me and had more years then a tortoise, he was
a man and a strong one at that.
"I thought it was sweet of you to help me out, but I'm
going to be ok now and I won't be needing anymore
money from you." I smiled, hopefully it looked innocent
and sunny, but you never know with my face, perhaps
I was scowling. He looked confused.
"Wait, what about the sex?" He said his eyes darted
in reptilian fashion.
"Oh that! Sorry about that, I must have been pissed,
nevermind it's all over now, we mustn't tell Ma though
right?"
Jasper smiled:"She would be so angry, she would kick
you out on the street."
My turn to smile:"Oh no, my Ma might be stupid but
she is shrewd, it would be you that would go, love,
I'm going now anyway."
"What do you mean?"
"Which part do you not understand? I'm going now
as in going , which means that you are staying, but if
Ma finds out it's you in the gutter Sunny Jim (I'd
always wanted to call someone that!)
He paled.
"You little bitch!" He snarled.
"You old dog!" I returned. We faced eachother until
all the staring was done. Then he put the kettle on
and I walked from that flat with my head held
high, now if I could only find the money to pay
him back, a place to live, a decent man, a job,
a life. Anyone of those would be a start I suppose.
I sniffed the air and smelt the coffee, something
had been lifted and I felt good! Just needed James
Brown to sing it out and everything would be
dandy.
Becka M

p.s this post is dedicated to Gdayscott, will
miss your blog honey!

5 comments:

Etoile Tyler said...

Finally I'm all caught up, I'd been saving you for a treat when I had time to sit down and really, really read. Kisses.

Rainex said...

That's really sweet Etoile!

Lindy said...

Great Beck. Please tell me you took a really hot shower & promise me you'll never abuse the image of Johnny Depp again..

Rainex said...

She might have...lol

Rainex said...

Kind of. Storm, the
people are based on real
guys, I've changed bits
to avoid law suits and
jazzed it up some!
Some people in 'the story'
know they are in it, others
don't. Who gives a shit,
it's all good fun.