Saturday, September 04, 2004

A GOOD IDEA?

Angela phoned me again.
"Right Becka, I'm not taking no for an answer, you must
come back." She said sternly.
"Hmm, well the answers still 'no', as much as I dislike Justine
and I do really hate her, I'm not taking her job."
What a little hero I am!
"That's all very noble...."
"It is." I interrupted her.
"But my offer might make you change your tune. I will raise
your salary by 10% and you get to go on a spectacular
shopping trip!" Her voice sounded like chocolate and cream,
indulgent, fat and very bad for you. She knew me too
well.
"20% and what about Justine?"
"15% and she is staying put for now, I thought I might be
able to gently oust her later." Angela seemed happy.
"So I'll have to work with her, that's what you are saying?"
"Yes, but you will be her superior, think on that one."
I was, bloody hell imagine Justine's face! Hahahehe!
"Got yourself a deal boss lady, when do you want me to start?"
"Tomorrow and pack a few clothes as we are going away."
"What? Tomorrow is sunday, where and why?" I felt a bit
panicky, way too fast for me.
"That's my surprise, you won't need your passport though,
I'll pick you up at 7.30am, be up please and do something
with your hair!" She hung up.
Now I had to tell Alan, damn and we were getting on so
well too. Where were we going? I hoped sincerely that I
would not have to shag her again. That was Justine's job
description, hopefully I had moved on to better things.
"Alan honey, just popping around Sister-thing's for a
coffee!" I called out.
"Fine babe." He answered.
I'd talk it through with Raine first, damn-it was stalling
but it had to be done. I'm a coward.

Becka (I will write soon, god knows when!) Martin

No comments: