Sunday, August 22, 2004

JUSTINE (CASE)

Apart from my hair singing 'Cotton eye Joe' all night long,
it's been a totally fucked couple of days. Firstly mending my
sore arm then having to bite the bullet and return to work.
What a nightmare! Angela had found a replacement in my
absence in the form of a putrid Justine. I felt shocked what
little snakey bitch! Would she jump in my grave so quickly.
We looked eachother up and down in horror and distaste,
much like two dogs circling eachother. She was good I must say,
in a French navy coloured suit and her fluffy hair tamed and tied
back. Totally different from her bubble-gum persona.
"Oh it's you." She said.
"And it's you. What the fuck are you doing in Angela's office?"
I'm not stupid, but I wanted to hear it from her own poison lips.
"After you went gallivanting with your fancy man, Angela
decided that I could assist her. We've been getting on famously."
Her smug face was just about fist sized.
"Does she call you 'Spiky love-muffin?' Or perhaps Tigergirl? No,
in your case it would probably be 'Zombie-baby' or Necro-woman."
I grinned at my own wit. I wished I hadn't, Angela Grade stood
glowering in the doorway like the world's scariest continental quilt.
"Becka! That is no way to talk to my personal assistant you should
apologise immediately if you value your job." I saw her for what she
was a fat, unhappy, powercrazed bitch. But I did feel regretful.
"I do value my job, however putting Justine in my place is plain
mean, you know we don't get on. I find that rather spiteful."
"She's been doing an excellent job. Very good indeed." Boasted
Angela. Justine grinned and blushed and I kind of knew then, that
it had gone beyond a professional relationship. Justine was straight
though-just very ambitious, exactly what I'm not.
"I see." I emptied my drawer into my handbag, not much really,
a calculator from the Pound shop and a half eaten Mars bar. Oh and a
spare tampon (because you never know).
"Do you want to go back to your counter?" Said Justine, gosh she was
hitting me where it hurt. As I would with her if I had the chance.
"I'd rather suck eggs through a straw from a donkey's backside."
"I'll take that as a 'no' then?" Justine grinned and standing behind
Angela she winked lewdly at me. I had no illusions, there was very
little difference between Justine and myself other then total laziness
on my part.
"I'm sorry you are leaving." Said Angela, I think she meant it, but I
was hurt.
"Yeah right!" I left them standing together, the most unlikely couple
ever! I felt hurt and humiliated (not in a nice sexy way) more of a
crushing sense of being let down. It was Angela who had pulled me
from the shop floor and pursued me. She had done all the running.
"I hope you two are really happy together. In Hell!" I threw a chair
through the window smashing the glass and left with my head held,
well quite low really.
I rode home slowly on my Vespa, home to Alan who would feed me
chocolate ice cream and rub my belly for me.
I noticed a rather grand Range Rover parked outside.
I entered and could hear raucous male voices.
"Becka! " Said Alan in surprise and kissed me on the forehead:
"What are you doing home?"
I noticed two extremely and I mean extremely handsome young
men sitting on the couch. Identical in everyway. Twins.
"Um, I'll tell you later, are you going to introduce me to your friends?"
"Friends?" Alan laughed and the young men sniggered.
"No Becks, these are not friends! My cousins, Jude and Quinn."
"Ah, I see." I smiled and blushed, shaking their hands.
"They will be staying a few days, hope you don't mind?"
"No of course not."
It would be nice to have them around the operative word being
'Have'. (Only kidding!)
Becka

No comments: