Saturday, March 11, 2006

REWIND


The rest of the journey back to London was in the
silence that only comes with a total lack of respect
for the people you are with. It stunk big time. Still,
we managed to stop off for food in Little Chef which
is always good for social anthropology. Those Waitresses
are getting younger, wet behind the ears? Nah meconium
baby!
Alan is the only guy I know who can eat a sausage with
the same threat and menace as a pack of hyenas with
a gazelle.
Mal, well he was marginally better I guess, he stuck
to poached eggs on toast. Not much menace there, unless
he coughed I guess.
Me? What do you think, steak and chips and one of those
really disgusting banana splits.
Yeah and my banana had split, it was the black thread
of rot that went through it and my whole life really.
When Alan dropped off Mal it got even tenser, I really
wished I had an inhaler or something. His shoulders
were knotted, his eyebrows knitted, eyes slitted, I guess
his dick must have retracted in horror.
Fuck I love you, you stupid mad English Teacher.
I sighed.
"Ok." I said when we stopped outside mine.
Alan said nothing as I got out and then he took off at warp
speed narrowly missing an old lady and a Yorkshire
terrier.
Mmm. Better get in.
My flat smelt very stale and musty. Yuck.
But still fresher then when Ma and Jasper sat
smoking umpteen ciggies every second.
I slumped onto the sofa.
I heard a sharp intake of breath.
"Becks you are a naughty girl." Came the harsh and
sexy Mickey Straw drawl.
Fuck.
"Mickey....!"
"Don't say a word!" He snapped:"Anyway, I'm more
of a man of action, get on the floor girlie and spread'
em. Fucking strip search time!"

Strangely this relaxed me.

Becka Martin xxxxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

Lindy said...

Yeah, you're back!!! Hope you're feeling better.

Rainex said...

Yeah! Much better
AND I've quit smoking!!