Monday, December 12, 2005

DADA SOLEILA AND THE WAY OF THE CORPSE


"Just tell me." I said. To be honest I was a bit pissed
off, all this running around hoo-ha and there he was
large as life!
"Firstly I want to thank you my dear, you have done
very well for me and I am so proud of you." He squeezed
my arm.
"Yes yes!" I said impatiently:"I'm great, I know, get
on with it."
Patrick grinned and puffed his smoke into the chill
air where it made ribbons and swirls.
"I've traveled extensively in my life Rebecca and one
of the most interesting places I have ever visited
was Haiti." Another puff:"A place where life is cheap
and women are wicked!" A deep chuckle:"That is
where I met Dada So."
"So?" I was getting irritable and no pun was intended
even though I had made one.
"Dada Soleila, a great man, we were if you like, brothers
under the skin. For all our cultural differences, he was
the person I could most relate to." He frowned.
"Ok, he was your lover." I nodded, sex, I could understand
that.
"Rebecca!" Patrick laughed and cuffed my ear:"No! He was
my best friend, my confidante and to think he was once
my servant. No matter, what I need to tell you will
explain everything, everything that is about being near to
death."
"Oh I'm not sure I want to know about death!"
"Rebecca, it might save your life one day!
Listen closely, Dada So was a Hoodoo Priest,
every day was spent in some way atoning to his gods
and acting out their will. Of course I thought it was rubbish
at first, you would with my upbringing. I just thought it
was a chance to tear up a few chickens and have
wild sex, so I was happy.
It turned out that Dada So's Real World was very
real indeed.
The dead can rise and the living can act as dead.
Anything is possible."
"If you start on about Zombies I shall scream." I warned.
"You are such a girl, it was a ritual, The Way of the Corpse
that allowed me to have a heart attack."
"I don't want to hear this but, go on." I hoped it would
be all sex and chickens.

Becka 'Freak-out' M

6 comments:

Rainex said...

Sorry about the delay
guys-been sick as a dog!

Etoile Tyler said...

Poor thing, feel better soon.

butterflyuk said...

If it wasn't the after effect of 10 brandy and coke then not allowed. Don't ever do that again. - Seriously though hope U R OK now.

Rainex said...

Oh Butterfly you spoil
all my fun!
Feel better already!

Lindy said...

So my visit gave you the shits, huh? That shit is catchy!!! Feel better soon.

Rainex said...

Lindy! No shits just
projectile vomiting
and agonizing belly
cramps!
The shits probably on
it's way though.....