Monday, August 15, 2005

LIKE FATHER


"What are you doing here?" Snarled Justine implying
something nasty, something sordid.
What could I say? Patrick had never told Catherine about
me, they probably thought I was his tart!
I looked around helplessly.
"I got a call." I said weakly.
"From whom young woman?" Said Catherine, I didn't
like her one little bit. Imagine a woman so cold that she
made my Ma seem like hotstuff!
Who was the call from?
"From the hospital, from Patrick himself, he wanted
Becka here. " Said Raine who appeared from no where
like the Shopkeeper in Mr Benn.
I smiled gratefully.
"And who are you exactly?" Said Catherine (Catherine The
Geek-I think).
"I'm Raine, Becka's sister." Raine smiled.
A wave of irritation spread over Catherine's face or
maybe she had indigestion or something.
"And who is this Becka?" She roared spraying Raine
with spittle. Bless her, she was good, Sister-thing I
mean, not an Eeew in sight and she didn't wipe either.
"Come on Becka, what are you doing here?" Said
Justine, she looked at Angela:"And what are you doing
with my girlfriend , exactly?"
Angela grinned.
"Jealous are we pet?" And smiled nastily.
Oooh none of this was good.
"Only two of us need to be here ok? That's Catherine
and myself. So could you all leave, Raine don't go too
far might need a lift home."
"Here's a twenty, I've had enough of this place it's
giving me the creeps." Raine left with D.
"Do you want me to wait?" Whispered Angela.
"No, take Justine before someone alerts a crash
team, I'll be fine."
Justine gave me a radioactive grimace and left
haughtily striding in front of Angela.
Catherine looked across at me over her prone
husband's body. She had a triumphant holier-then-
thou look on her bitter shrew's face.
"Catherine we really need to talk." I said.
She laughed, she actually laughed.
"What could we possibly have to say to eachother? I
suppose you think that you are the 'one'? "
That bitter weary laugh again.
"No, I'm not the one but I am certainly important to
Patrick."
I touched his hair.
"Don't you touch him you filthy little whore!" Snarled
this suddenly violent, scary woman.
"Catherine, I'm Patrick's daughter, he didn't want
you to know but that might be academic now."
Her milky blue eyes widened.
"I don't believe you!" She turned her back.
"It's true, look at me, really look at me, I'm
Patrick's girl alright!"
"Then I hope he dies!" She spat and burst into tears,
somehow I swallowed my fear and held her. She
was thin and lifeless as her poison niece Justine.
"You don't mean that." I said against the softness
of her hair, it smelt of roses, sort of Turkish delight
sweetness.
Her breath was a different story, it smelt like a
Vauxhall wino's.
"I think you should leave now." She said firmly.
"I'm not going anywhere."
"We will see."
We did.

Becka M

p.s off on hols now, speak later!!!! Rainexxx

5 comments:

butterflyuk said...

Have a great time. See you soon.

Foxsden said...

New address - sheddweller.blogspot

had to move - got rumbled :-(

Lindy said...

Please God No!!! Don't get sucked into the step-mother thing....Please!

Rainex said...

Butterfly-leaving tonight!
I hate travelling but at
least I haven't got to fly.

ML-hope your new site is
safe from nosey parkers.

Lindy-what are you thinking
woman?!

Storm-I'll knock some socks
when I get back.

Rainex said...

Got to do it!