Saturday, February 19, 2005

WRAP ME IN SILK

Well that was the name of the shop! I entered into a
world where all things were pretty, expensive and
deeply me. The music sucked though, Rick Astley
finished and Cameo began 'Word Up', I shuddered,
where was the good in all this?
I began to stroke the sleeve of a red silk kimono, very
sexy little dragons festooned themselves around the
sleeves. I became aware that someone was standing
very close to me, watching my every move.
I looked up into the weirdest, most incredible face that
I had ever seen! Sharp grey eyes and a huge nose
like an eagle's beak , a square and cleft jaw, but his
hair! Carrotty and abundant it fell to his shoulders
like a Ginger Jim Morrison and indeed he was wearing
leather trousers! Impressive bulges bulged in all the
right places, he stood easily six 4, six 5 and he was a big
guy- not fat but obviously a gym junkie. Gorgeous.
"Beaut-if-foool isn't it?" He purred in a deep and ultra
camp scottish accent. I nodded.
"Sure is, out of my price range I'm afraid." I shrugged.
"Is that so?" He said lightly. "Well please refrain from
fucking man-handling the merchandise if you can't afford
it!" He growled.
I was so shocked I burst out laughing on the spot.
He looked perplexed and then he laughed too, he stuck
out a Shrek dimensioned hand for me to shake (if I could
lift it).
"Mal." He said:"That's my name Mal, for Malcolm,
but don't call me that, it's Mal." He explained.
"Mal it is then! I'm Becka."
"Please to meet you Becka, have ye just come to browse?"
That way he said 'browse' was like bruise. For some
stupid, stupid reason I felt my eyes welling up, I sniffed
a bit.
"Aw for the love of Mary don't drip on the dresses!" He shrieked,
then to two of the customers at the other end of the shop.
"Will ye fuck off now already? Can' aye see I have a situation?"
The two women gave him a couple of evil glares then
left. Mal closed the shop.
"Come with me hen, lets have a brew, it will clear the
flews."
He ushered me through the shop at that very moment the
track changed to Adam and the Ant's Prince Charming,
so at least I was spared listening to that.

Becka M

No comments: