Saturday, October 21, 2006

I WAS FEELING BLUE HAH-HA



Could I live without Ruth? Small destructive person, human
dynamite, jelly doughnut.
She was so bad for me, she reminded me of a Venus Fly-Trap,
exotic, dangerous, intoxicating and ultimately very bad for
your health. Not to mention your sanity.
I stood by the chocolate machine in the hospital foyer and made
the life defining choice of having a Snickers or a Lion Bar.
Had to be Snickers, still better then Reese's whatnots!
I started to cry, I could not blame it on the chocolate.
I felt so tired, older, grottier and certainly more confused.
I wanted to phone Mal but I just couldn't face him.
A hand touched my arm, looking up I saw a big bald head and
a square jaw.
Yep.
Mickey Straw!
I pulled back like he had leprosy.
Fucker!
"I hate you!" I hissed.
"That's disappointing." He said in a voice so scathing it should
carry a health warning.
"You! Don't you start with me! I mean it Mick, my life is so
low, I just can't take anymore of this shit!"
"I've come to talk to Ruth, not you, ok? Is that alright
sweetheart?"
He made Ray Winstone look right cuddly.
Bastard.
I bit my chocolate and a little caramel slipped over my lip
like a veil (non political, just descriptive!) Mickey's eyes
dropped and I could almost feel his heart beating faster.
"These trousers were not made for stiffies." He grumbled
and walked towards Ruth's room.
I had to stop him, Ruth, a Copper, an erection and a bed
was far too scary to think about.
And it wasn't even Halloween yet.
"Stop right there!" I said in a voice worthy of Helen Mirren.
He didn't stop.
I threw my chocolate at him.
It stuck to his shirt.
Shit.
No chocolate.
Bloody waste too.
Whoops, Mickey looked at me in the way a bull does in the
ring with Bugs Bunny.
I think a cheesy smile might just work but................


Becka M xxxx

10 comments:

Rainex said...

whatcha talkin' bout?

butterflyuk said...

My first visit after a few days and thought I was at the wrong address. strangely this is the exact blue I am wearing today. Anyway whatcha talkin' bout?

butterflyuk said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rainex said...

I never know what
I'm talking about-
until I've said it.
D has dark blue eyes
like this.
Mine are poo brown.

Lindy said...

What chu talking bout Willis! I opt for the cheesy smile. See what Micky is up to.

Rainex said...

Mickey is the non-thinking
woman's hard man of choice!

Etoile Tyler said...

My D always says his eyes are "poo brown" too.. I tell him they're soft brown. I'm sure I'd tell you the same.

Rainex said...

Cheers Etoile!
When I had blonde
highlights in my hair
D said they were urine
coloured! That was not
his exact words more
like "Piss-hair"!!!

Anonymous said...

madbecka you are a great writer and i want you to know i have followed your blog forever ;) you're a wonderful writer, dont' stop until you die xD

Rainex said...

Cheers Anon! I'll
aim not to die anyway!