Monday, April 12, 2004

Minty-nice

Alan arrived looking shifty and rather scruffy
mind you, he always did. He was carrying a
paper bag, I stared at it with horror, like it was
a shrink wrapped head.
"This is for you." He said and smiled proffering his
gift, when I did not take it immediately his smile
dropped.
"Whats wrong with you now?"
"Question! What would you like to put through
my letter box?"
"Thats easy-my dick!" He laughed but when he saw
I meant it: "You were being serious, right? Ok in
the unlikely event that I would put anything through
your door, I would say a birthday card as that is
coming up soon. But I would'nt, because I would
(hopefully) be here to celebrate it with you. Happy
now?" He frowned at me, I took a menthol fag from
my box and lit it, oh manners:"Do you want one?"
"Nah! But those awful things inspired my gift, will
you open it now?"
I unwrapped it slowly, it was a very posh looking
Easter egg covered in bright green paper.
"It's mint."
"It's lovely, thanks Al." I kissed his cheek.
"Whats troubling you?" He ruffled my hair, I wished
I fancied him!
So I told him the whole story of the fish, the Vespa
and the bleach. Also my mistake in grabbing Miss Foote.
"I'm not happy with this at all! Come and stay with
With me at mine!"
"I'm alright, I'm a big girl now. Look I've ruled out
Jeff and you, oops sorry." His eyes darkened.
"I can understand , sort of." He conceded:" Go on."
"So it must be Justine or Estelle, there is nobody else
who hates me like that, 'cept Sister-thing but she would
never trash my bike."
"Look, I won't try it on and I'll sleep on the sofa,
can I stay?" I looked at his thin hopeful face and
nodded.
"It would be a pleasure, really."
"Right! I'll just go home and grab a few things,
back soon alright?"
"I won't melt." (unlike the egg I was rapidly eating,
I placed a small piece in his mouth and watched
his eyes dilate):"You can help me eat the rest of this."
"Bloody hell Becks!" I saw that he was a bit steamed
up. " Do you want anything when I'm gone?"
"Just some fags, vodka, coke and maybe pick up
some take-away?"
"It's Easter Monday! I'll see what I can do."
He kissed me again, was I leading him on or what!
BeckaX

No comments: