Saturday, April 24, 2004

LilacLace (Again)

Well last night was different. First of all we
got rat-arsed at The Twisted Gut then Alex
decided that we must go to LilacLace. This
was like a kind of death wish considering what
had happened last time with Grady (Alex's old
squeeze) But we were drunk, evil and brainless.
So we went anyway.
Neck met us on the door.
"What are you ladyeez doing here?"
"We've come to dance, is that ok with you?"
Snapped Alex, who was staggering all over the
place. As were we all.
"Depends on how the Boss will take it." Murmured
Neck, he smiled to show off his white teeth:"Go on,
I like to see the Boss riled up."
"Thank you!" Said Ruth and the three of us weaved
our way through the pulsating crowds.
After about a minute, Grady swooped up to us like
a murderous Pavorotti.
"What are you bitches doing here? YOUR BARRED!"
He snapped. Alex placed her arms around his
quivering form.
"Ah sweetheart, don't you like me anymore?"
"You aint got anything I need, OUT!" He pushed
her roughly away.
"Aw let us stay, this is Becka's birthday night.
We won't cause any trouble." She pleaded.
Grady looked at me evilly.
"It's not anything to celebrate getting older is it?
Especially not for a woman. Stay then, but keep
out of my hair." This was funny as he had shaved his
head, we smirked at eachother. Grady leaned over
to Alex.
"I hear loverboy's disappearing soon to America,
sad eh? He'll be busy enough there with those
lovely young girls. Might lose his taste for old bitches."
I grabbed hold of Alex as she went to smack him
one. Luckily he had'nt noticed as he was in the process
of turning (and there was a lot of wobbling Grady to turn).
"Come on, I'll buy everyone cocktails." I said as a
distraction. We managed to drink our weight in
raspberry Vodkas, delicious and it slipped down like
silk. We danced like dementers.
"So." Said Ruth later :"How is it going with Alan?"
"Oh great! We argue like cats and dogs, have nothing
in common. But the sex is good."
Ruth frowned at me.
"I think he's lovely." She said quietly, I was about
to ask her what she meant when all hell broke lose!
Jeff and Estelle were dancing together smoochily
when they saw me, a split second later I was reeling
on the floor like a flapping fish! Estelle had belted
me across the face, raking me with her nails at the
same time!
Jeff caught the blonde fury who was struggling and
spitting away at me.
"Bitch! Whore! Tart!" She screamed.
"Thats enough!" Said Jeff and mouthed 'sorry' at
me before bundling her out of harms way.
Neck and Grady laughed at me.
"Out of sight!" Said Neck.
"Made my night!" Said Grady.
Surveying the damaged in the loo mirror was a
nightmare, I had huge scrapes down my left
cheek and my lip looked very Leslie Ashe. I started
to cry, the girls took charge and delivered me to
Alan via a cab. I spent the rest of the night being
nursed by Alan and a sock filled with ice.
Zoey burst into tears when she saw my face today.
"It's not that bad Zoey! You should have seen
me when I broke my tooth."
But it was bad and she knew it. Justine could hardly
contain her glee.
"You see that is what happens when you try to
steal someones elses boyfriend."
"Jeff was my boyfriend for years, you don't see
me attacking Estelle do you?" (Much as I wanted to!)
"Perhaps those stripes will calm you down, maybe
you will realise your place. At the bottom of the heap.
You cockney skank!" Snarled Justine. I began to
shake, with impotent rage. I was on a strict warning
if I rose to the bait I would lose my job.
"Thats a horrible thing to say Justine!" Said Zoey.
"Ah shut up!" Snarled Evil-Eye.
"You can leave her alone for a start, or else I will
report YOU." I snapped:"Come on Zoey, lets refill
the counter." Zoey glared at Justine (at least she
realised what Justine was like now). The rest
of the day went in a blur and the clients gave me
funny looks because of my scratches.
When I finally got home Alan was waiting for me,
he looked anxious and worried.
"This came for you." He passed me a bunch of dead
and decaying roses. They had a note attached:
'Deadmeat' it said in black marker pen, how lovely!
"Ah great!" I said, so now I had a my mad Postie back.
So it had to be Estelle, did'nt it?
Becka

No comments: